Monday, 28 March 2011
12:36 | Posted by Zindy S. D. Nielsen | Edit Post
The next step of the drawing. I decided to go with the suggestion of ScarletGothica on DA, which were dark blue hair. At first I thought it wouldn't be that great but I think it's different and since it is a fantasy creature I guess there is no limits to colours anyway.
Thanks Scarlet and thanks to everyone else for your suggestions, regarding hair, colours etc.
I managed to make the tail a bit longer and I already think it helped. Also included a close-up of her face as it's hard to tell on the small drawing.
I think this drawing is going to take a very long time. I am working on it alongside with my all new project which I am so exited about (= I will tell you more soon and of course show when it has arrived.
I'm modeling my mermaid after Lena, whom I have used several time, for my fairies especially. She has a wonderful stock worth checking out ♥
You can see the reference here: link
Created with Caran d'Ache and Faber Castell colour pencils.
30x40 cm | 12x16"
Labels: mermaid drawing
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (66)
- Cuteness Overdose and thoughts
- I Love Markers
- First Mermaid Wip2
- Time Photoshoot
- First Mermaid wip
- Pocket Watch Butterfly and spring air
- Little Mermaid ACEO + more
- Spring Heart ACEO
- Kitten gift for a friend
- New Postcards and bookmarks
- New fairy drawing teasers
- New Venture - Painting
- My day - Ikea
- Winter Heart
- Tears of yesterday
- New drawing teasers
- Sleeping Beauty Snow White completed
- 2010 (134)
- 2009 (9)
- Zindy S. D. Nielsen
- Copenhagen, Denmark, Denmark
- My name is Zindy S. D. Nielsen and I'm from Denmark - Europe. I own http://zindy-zone.dk; a site about my drawings, a large art community and much more.