Tuesday 22 March 2011

First Mermaid wip

Last year around this time I started a large mermaid drawing, using a Danish friend of mine who were kind enough to do a shoot for me. Unfortunately I ripped the paper and never got to finish the drawing. I decided to start over with a different model and pose, hopefully it can inspire me to start my original mermaid drawing during the summer. You never know :)

I'm modeling my mermaid after Lena, whom I have used several time, for my fairies especially.
You can see the reference here: link

This is the drawing so far. About 3-4 hours into the piece by now.
Still debating whether she should have dark brown of fierce red hair. Any suggestions?


I think this is going to be another challenge with her tail and the undersea scape. Hopefully one I will manage. I'm very motivated at this point.

1 comments:

Toria Mason said...

I'm all for the fierce red hair! ♥ haha I am very excited to see this finished.

Find me www

PinterestZindyZone BlogFollow ZindyZone on TwitterFollow ZindyZone on ZazzleEtsyFollow ZindyZone on InstagramFollow Zindy on Deviantart.com

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Zindy S. D. Nielsen
Copenhagen, Denmark, Denmark
My name is Zindy S. D. Nielsen and I'm from Denmark - Europe. I own http://zindy-zone.dk; a site about my drawings, a large art community and much more.
View my complete profile
Follow ZindyZone