Tuesday 23 February 2010

New fairy pencil work in the making


I thought I would show you my latest work, I started it this morning. I felt like doing something else than I was already working on... and just some imaginary stuff to make it all free.
I have put my materials next to the drawing, which by the way is quite big; 40x60cm (16x22inches). This is the first time using powdered graphite on a drawing. I got it years back as a gift but never really put it to use. It's not sticking easily to the paper but it might be because it's rather smooth. We'll see how it turns out :)

5 comments:

nihrida said...

I love that you photographed the drawing along with the materials you're using! =) Thanks!
I haven't seen the powdered graphite before. Is that what you use brush for?
I can already see it's going to be another gorgeous drawing! =)

Zindy S. D. Nielsen said...

It was way too big for the scanner so I thought I might as well add it all :)
Yes, I used the brush for the powdered graphite, usually I blend with kleenex, with normal graphite pencils. It's kind of fun to work with, a bit like painting I can imagine.

nihrida said...

It certainly looks interesting and I can't wait for you to write more about it! :)

Zale Zillions said...

What is the paint brush best for?

Eugen Caitaz said...

Good begining! ;)

Find me www

PinterestZindyZone BlogFollow ZindyZone on TwitterFollow ZindyZone on ZazzleEtsyFollow ZindyZone on InstagramFollow Zindy on Deviantart.com

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Zindy S. D. Nielsen
Copenhagen, Denmark, Denmark
My name is Zindy S. D. Nielsen and I'm from Denmark - Europe. I own http://zindy-zone.dk; a site about my drawings, a large art community and much more.
View my complete profile
Follow ZindyZone