Monday 25 January 2010

Daybreakers URG and my new drawing wip

So... I saw Daybreakers Saturday evening and gosh! They follow none of the traditional "vampire rules", which is fine if it somehow seems reasonable. I mean you should have the freedom to alter something that isn't actually real to begin with. One major wrong thing in my opinion is this thing where a vampire can get back to being a human by a combination of sun and water, what's up with that? Makes no sense to me. Besides that I just never felt that sympathy for any of the characters because to me you didn't know them deep enough to really care. I kind of like it when you can relate somehow of feel something towards them, it makes you feel more attached to the movie.
If you are thinking about watching this movie don't do it because it's awesome or scary - most of the people in the cinema laughed, so aim for a good laugh ;)

On a different note I just did the lineup of my latest drawing, Dark Lily. I need to get my pencils moving again after a rather drawing-lazy January. Just thought I would show you. It will be done in charcoal, my favourite medium, before I begin any major drawing. I've had a mermaid drawing planned since the beginning of December just not gotten around starting it yet as I couldn't decide on all the details. It will be my first mermaid drawing, should be fun :)

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

2 comments:

nihrida said...

I can already see it...it's gonna be a wonderful drawing. I love close ups. =)

Zindy S. D. Nielsen said...

Close ups are somehow more intense, whether it's a drawing or a photo :) I have worked so much on her today, lots of work left still but I like how it's going. The lilies' structure is killing me though :D

Find me www

PinterestZindyZone BlogFollow ZindyZone on TwitterFollow ZindyZone on ZazzleEtsyFollow ZindyZone on InstagramFollow Zindy on Deviantart.com

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Zindy S. D. Nielsen
Copenhagen, Denmark, Denmark
My name is Zindy S. D. Nielsen and I'm from Denmark - Europe. I own http://zindy-zone.dk; a site about my drawings, a large art community and much more.
View my complete profile
Follow ZindyZone