Tuesday 1 November 2011

Season of hearts


This is a very special drawing to me.
The model is my cute little niece as you might recognize from my Waiting for daddy drawing.
I wanted to make something special and at the same time refresh my portrait skills. I've always been intrigued by drawing family members, as I always feel the pressure is bigger to make it look just right.

I feel this is my best portrait in a long time, along with Waiting for daddy and it makes me happy to improve in this area, especially since I've always found it hard to draw children.

I like the idea that Christmas is the season of hearts ♥
Can't believe Christmas is actually so close already..

Made with soft charcoal.
(40x30cm | 16x12")

2 comments:

nihrida said...

It's a terrific portrait! I like the ''Waiting for Daddy'' more, because of the composition, but this one is just perfect!

Fern said...

she is cute very cute

Find me www

PinterestZindyZone BlogFollow ZindyZone on TwitterFollow ZindyZone on ZazzleEtsyFollow ZindyZone on InstagramFollow Zindy on Deviantart.com

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Zindy S. D. Nielsen
Copenhagen, Denmark, Denmark
My name is Zindy S. D. Nielsen and I'm from Denmark - Europe. I own http://zindy-zone.dk; a site about my drawings, a large art community and much more.
View my complete profile
Follow ZindyZone