Wednesday 14 March 2012

Raven Navajo Book Illustration


A while back I mentioned one of the projects I have been working on. This is one of 3 illustrations I did for the upcoming book Where Witches Rise by the author Cécile Guillot.
You can see more about the project here:
LINK

This is from a story about a Navajo girl, Raven.
I did a bit of research on Navajo and found that two of their significant colours is blue and white shell.
It went better with my style than orange/yellow so I went with that.

The other illustrations won't be released until the book is out.
The book should be released later this year, I will keep you updated and show you when I receive a copy.
I very much enjoyed the project, it was a bit different and it was nice to make up a character for a story, it's a unique opportunity.

0 comments:

Find me www

PinterestZindyZone BlogFollow ZindyZone on TwitterFollow ZindyZone on ZazzleEtsyFollow ZindyZone on InstagramFollow Zindy on Deviantart.com

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Zindy S. D. Nielsen
Copenhagen, Denmark, Denmark
My name is Zindy S. D. Nielsen and I'm from Denmark - Europe. I own http://zindy-zone.dk; a site about my drawings, a large art community and much more.
View my complete profile
Follow ZindyZone